Our Commitment To You Remains
At Lawyers Travel, we remain committed to providing excellent service to our valued clients throughout the COVID-19 global pandemic. Please reach out to us via phone, email or through our Contact Form.
READY TO GO TRAVELER TIPS
GLOBAL HEALTH ADVISORY has been removed
TRAVELER HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Click here to view Lawyers Travel's COVID-19 Traveler Health and Safety site.
COVID-19 WORLDWIDE CASES
TRAVEL AND MEETINGS STANDARDS (TAMS) STANDARDS OF SAFETY IN BUSINESS TRAVEL REPORT
- TAMS is a global, independent coalition of more than 180 corporate travel professionals from some of the most significant brands in travel (Marriott, Accor, Hilton, Airbnb, Booking.com, United, American Airlines, Sabre) and some of the largest corporate travel programs by air volume. The "SOS" report aims to help guide organizations, suppliers and institutions in developing their own business travel policies and standards. Click here to view.
LAWYERS TRAVEL ITINERARY-SPECIFIC SUPPLIER POLICIES DATABASE
- Use the Search Bar for COVID-19 related policies
Lawyers Travel is dedicated to keeping our clients informed during the COVID-19 pandemic by monitoring travel supplier information and requirements. Our database tool allows you to search for COVID-19 related policies, including suppliers (Airline, Hotel Company, Car Rental, Rail Station, On-demand Ride, Home Rental Sites), airport and the US State Department Health website.
COVID-19 & GLOBAL SECURITY IMPLICATIONS
AIRLINE COVID-19 POLICIES
HOTEL COVID-19 POLICIES
DOT ENFORCEMENT NOTICE TO AIRLINES RE: REFUNDS
- DOT sent an enforcement notice to airlines requiring them to refund travelers for flights that have been canceled or required a significant schedule change
PASSPORT AND VISA DELAYS
AMTRAK ADJUSTED SERVICE AND POLICIES
TRAVEL RISK MANAGEMENT
- Lawyers Travel is continuing to monitor all flights and hotel stays and will proactively reach out to travelers who need assistance. For specific questions regarding your travel program, please reach out to clientsolutions@ovationtravel(dot)com
- For an introductory guide to travel risk management and things your organization can do to prepare for future incidents, download here: Introductory Guide to Travel Risk Management
REAL ID EXTENSION
- The REAL ID deadline has been extended from October 1, 2020 to October 1, 2021.
AIRLINE LOYALTY PROGRAM EXTENSIONS
- United: Premier status levels extended until January 31, 2022. Lowering thresholds for Premier qualification by 50% for 2021 status
- American: Extending elite status for AAdvantage members until January 31, 2022. Reducing elite status qualifications for 2020. Extending Admirals Club memberships purchased from American for six months
- Delta: Medallion Members current status will be extended for the 2021 Medallion Year. All Medallion Qualification Miles are being rolled over to 2021 to qualify for 2022 Medallion status. All other programs and card benefits will be extended between six months to one year
- Amtrak: Pausing expirations of upgrade and companion coupons between April-September 25, 2020. Pausing expirations of points between April-September 25, 2020
- United: All Polaris Club lounges are closed as of March 18, 2020. Operations suspended at most United Club locations. Select United Club airport locations will remain open
- American: Temporarily closing most Admiral Club lounges as of March 26, 2020
- Delta: Temporarily closing many Sky Clubs
HOTEL LOYALTY PROGRAM UPDATES
- IHG Rewards Club: IHG lowered requirements to earn elite status
- Hilton Honors: Any Hilton member whose 2019 status (Diamond, Gold or Silver) set to be downgraded on March 31, 2020 will be extended through March 31, 2021. All 2020 statuses will be extended 24 months through March 31, 2022. Points that were set to expire between now and December 31, 2020 will be paused
- Marriott Bonvoy: Status earned in 2019 will be extended to February 2022. Free night or Suite Night awards will be extended until January 31, 2021. Any points set to previously expire will be extended to January 31, 2021
- World of Hyatt: Existing elite status will be extended for a year through February 28, 2022. Unused Free Night, Suite Upgrade or Club Lounge Access awards with an expiration between March 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will get a free extension through December 31, 2021. Points from inactive accounts that were due to expire this year will now remain active through December 31, 2020
WEBINARS AND BEST PRACTICES GUIDES BY OVATION